As a patient of Prelude Behavioral Services and its programs, you are assured the following items. If you feel any of these rights have been violated, please contact your counselor, supervisor of the program or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The right to privacy.
- The right to report any dissatisfaction and grievances.
- Advance notification (when possible) and an opportunity to reschedule your appointment or conceal your presence, if visitors are scheduled to be in a Prelude facility.
- Freedom from any form of abuse, retaliation or humiliation.
- Access to pertinent information in sufficient time to facilitate your decision making.
- Informed consent or refusal or expression of choice regarding:
- Service delivery
- Release of information
- Concurrent services
- Composition of the service delivery team
- Involvement in research projects, if applicable
- Timely access to information.
- Access and/or referral to: legal entities for appropriate representation, self-help support services, and advocacy support services.
- Investigation and resolution of alleged infringement of rights.
- Adherence to research guidelines and ethics when clients are involved, if applicable.
- All rights and protection afforded you under the federal confidentiality guidelines, including 42 CFR and HIPAA.
- Equal opportunity. Prelude does not discriminate in its practices on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disabilities, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status, or any other characteristics protected by local, state, or federal law.
- Opportunities to have continuing contact with family and friends.
To receive the best possible outcomes from services, our patients are expected to:
- Read (or be read), understand, and comply with the program rules and expectations.
- Provide full information regarding any treatment, including all types of counseling/therapy, medications, and/or hospitalizations.
- Actively participate in the treatment planning and counseling process.
- Attend all activities as agreed upon with staff and indicated on the treatment plan.
- Keep scheduled appointments or cancel at least 24 hours in advance.
- Pay assessed fees, as agreed, in a timely manner.
- Provide a fluid and/or breath sample for substance screening upon request.
- Maintain the confidentiality of the program and of other patients at all times.
- Inform staff of any medications being taken.
- Refrain from possessing or using weapons.
- Refrain from illegal activities.
- Refrain from the use of any illicit drug, alcohol, other substances or medications not approved.
- Refrain from sexual involvement with other patients.
- Refrain from violent or abusive behavior, including physical or verbal threats or acts towards patients, staff, or property.
- Refrain from bringing any animals, except service animals, onto program property.
Religion and Culture
We encourage patients to pursue their spiritual interests. We recognize that this may include a continuation of current involvement in religious practices, a re-examination of beliefs and practices not currently pursued, or an examination of spiritual interest not previously considered.
Prelude does not align itself with any particular religious tradition or belief, and therefore does not provide for any religious practices at our facilities. We will, however, make accommodations in residential scheduling to allow patients to participate in religious activities.