OUR RESPONSE TO COVID-19
Prelude is diligently working to protect the health and safety of our employees and patients during the Covid-19 epidemic. We continue monitoring the situation with Covid-19 through information from the CDC and the Iowa Department of Public Health and we want to share the latest steps we are taking to help prevent the spread of virus while still adhering to our mission in providing services to patients.
- We encourage all our employees to take common sense health precautions, such as frequent handwashing, use of hand sanitizer and most importantly, staying home if they are not feeling well. Employees have temperatures taken when arriving to work each day. When employees are at work, we ask that they practice social distancing whenever practical.
- Effective Monday, March 23rd, all outpatient services will take place via Telehealth. Outpatient group services are suspended until March 31st, and we will re-evaluate this change at that time.
- Evaluation are also being conducted via telehealth using Zoom, a HIPAA compliant audio and video software application. Patients who do not have access to the internet or a smart phone, can connect simply by calling on any phone device they have. Call our front desk for questions or assistance getting hooked up.
- Our residential facilities have resumed admitting patients. Patients will be screened for any signs of Covid-19 for their safety, the safety of other patients and the safety of employees. All patients in our Residential facilities have their temperatures taken each day and our nurses are monitoring the health of our patients.
- We have increased the levels of cleaning supplies and sanitizers throughout the facilities, especially in communal spaces. Staff are encouraged to wipe down their desks and workspace items regularly.
- For both Iowa City and Des Moines, effective March 14th and until further notice, all family visitations to our residential programming will be suspended. Again, for the safety of our patients.
Prelude is continuing to develop additional strategies for Covid-19 based on guidance issued by IDPH and the CDC so that we can quickly respond to changing conditions. We remain committed to providing service to patients and we pledge to communicate with both patients and staff, if there are any additional modifications needed in order to safeguard the health of our staff and patients.