Our work depends on support from individuals, companies, and other organizations who share our belief that change is possible and that everyone deserves the opportunity to lead a healthy, productive life.
Together we can make a difference helping people find the best within themselves, find a quick response when help is needed, and find advice for individuals and families suffering from the devastating effects of alcohol and drugs.
Ways to Give
Donate on the Phone
Donate by phone using a credit card by calling during office hours.
Donate by Mail
Make a check or credit card donation by mailing a gift form to:
Prelude Behavioral Services
430 Southgate Ave.
Iowa City, IA 52240
Other Ways to Give
Your employer may have a matching gift program that can maximize your gift. Ask your Human Resources Department for details.
Prelude is able to accept stock through a secure transfer. Please call (319) 248-8788 for assistance.
In Memory/Honor Of:
Celebrate a friend or family member or honor the memory of a loved one by making a memorial or tribute gift.
Leave a lasting legacy to sustain Prelude’s vision of providing treatment services to all those in need by naming Prelude Behavioral Services as a beneficiary of your estate. For more details, email [email protected].
We gratefully receive items of personal property. These gifts-in-kind must meet the requirements of our acceptance policy and must be in good condition with a value we can apply to our needs. All gifts are tax deductible. Please see our needs list below.
These requests may not seem like much, but they will greatly improve the lives of our patients and bring them comfort and hope. We request that items be new or gently used. We reserve the right to decline donations that are not appropriate or do not fit our mission.
- Full-size personal hygiene products – shampoo, conditioner, deodorant, bath or shower soap, shaving cream, razors, feminine products
- Blank journals (non-wire bound) and pens
- New in package twin bed sheets and pillow sets
- Movies appropriate for an adult audience (no violence, substance abuse or gambling themes)
- Board games for adults (no gambling theme)
- Puzzles for adults (no violence, substance abuse or gambling themes)
- Art supplies – paints, brushes, construction paper, yarn, canvas boards, etc.
- Women’s clothing is accepted at Bernie Lorenz Recovery in Des Moines. Please consider donating items that are appropriate to wear for job interviews and employment.
Prelude is a public charity under section 501(c)(3) of the IRS Code and your contributions are tax deductible to the full extent of the law.
Prelude does not provide legal or tax advice. Please check with your tax and legal advisors when planning your charitable gift.
There are many ways to support our work.
For assistance with donations, please call 319-351-4357 or email [email protected].